This is "Onbekommerd"!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Party

Sorry, I have been too busy to update.
On Friday morning Gwilym and Janine arrived as a start to the festivitis for my 'official' birthday. On Sunday Willem and Hetty (my parents) as well as Ineke (my sister) checked in on Onbekommerd as well as John and Cynthia from Cape Town. We had a few 'pre-celebrations' on Onbekommerd to start:






In the evening we had the 60th birthday dinner, with (in addition to the above), my cousins & partners (except for Barend and Marielle who are in Crete) and good friends from all through my life. It was a very special party for me, Lyn had organised a table rotation resulting in everyone almost sharing a table with anyone else at some time during the evening. It seemed to work very well and it appears that everyone enjoyed themselves (Lyn and I certainly did!).
Here are a few pictures:







On Sunday we took some of the guests, plus my dad's brother, uncle Hans, for a cruise on the Gouwzee to Marken (where we were very lucky that a very nice berth just opened up) for Herring rolls and via Volendam back to Monnickendam.
2 brothers, 176 years old together!

As tourists, eating herring rolls in Marken

After the last goodbyes, we left Monnickendam this morning and crossed to Stavoren. It was quite windy (about 5 Bft) but with the sea coming in from behind it was fairly comfortable. Gwilym and Janine are staying with us until Thursday morning, which is very nice. They will go back from Leeuwarden by train to Monnickendam to pick up their car and drive to the Chalet in France. We will then meet up with Hans and Jet for a trip to the German Wadden, weather permitting.
Sorry, still no new slides posted, that will have to happen later.

No comments:

Post a Comment