This is "Onbekommerd"!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Amsterdam - Alkmaar

My plan was to see the newly opened Maritime Museum on Saturday afternoon, but it was only being opend by the Queen that day and open for the public the next  (Sunday). I walked to the museum anyway, the queen was expected on the royal yacht (Groene Draeck) around 7 but as it was only 4, I was not going to sit around and wait for things to happen. We did see the fireworks from the yacht harbour though..
The harbour was very full, probably due to the fine weather. Can you find 'Onbekommed' on this picture?



This morning, Hans & Jet came on board. Jet left after coffee and Hans acted as 'deck hand' for the trip to Alkmaar. We went along the Noordzee canal, which connects the port of Amsterdam to the sea and saw a few big barges and also 2 big ships:



After a nice trip, along a (for me) new route (the Nauernaase Vaart), we got to Alkmaar by 4pm. On Tuesday, the season is over for the Onbekommerd. It will come out of the water and go into the shed. I'll try to update you on the maintenance work I'll do for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment