This is "Onbekommerd"!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No driving for 4 months!

I just realised that today it is 4 months ago that I last drove a car! Lyn is in Cape Town and is driving, so she did not make this mark by a few days, but I did.
We were on 6 'planes, in 8 cars (but not driving them, just as passengers), 11 buses and a lot of trains, both above and below ground. We have done a lot of cycling and even more walking (I walked 3 hours yesterday) and of course travelled 1465 KM by boat.
With the good public transport where we are and have been, plus the fact that the shops here in Richmond are between 10 and 20 minutes walk, it is easy not to drive and is healthy too, I have lost about 3 or 4 KGs and feel very fit.
I guess it will be more than another 4 months at least before I drive again, we'll be back in Cape Town for Christmas holidays on 19 December! But maybe walking is not so much fun when winter starts. Its 27C right now, so no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment